Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nanci Griffith - Boots Of Spanish Leather

Duration: 07:41 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-10-06 09:40:24
User: Ladisz
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Tags:

nanci  griffith  bob  dylan  folk  acoustic  guitar  singer  songwriter  

Description:

Bob Dylan's song by Nanci Griffith in Knoxville, Tennesse, on May 2002. Boots Of Spanish Leather Oh, I'm sailin' away my own true love, I'm sailin' away in the morning. Is there something I can send you from across the sea, From the place that I'll be landing? No, there's nothin' you can send me, my own true love, There's nothin' I wish to be ownin'. Just carry yourself back to me unspoiled, From across that lonesome ocean. Oh, but I just thought you might want something fine Made of silver or of golden, Either from the mountains of Madrid Or from the coast of Barcelona. Oh, but if I had the stars from the darkest night And the diamonds from the deepest ocean, I'd forsake them all for your sweet kiss, For that's all I'm wishin' to be ownin'. That I might be gone a long time And it's only that I'm askin', Is there something I can send you to remember me by, To make your time more easy passin'. Oh, how can, how can you ask me again, It only brings me sorrow. The same thing I want from you today, I would want again tomorrow. I got a letter on a lonesome day, It was from her ship a-sailin', Saying I don't know when I'll be comin' back again, It depends on how I'm a-feelin'. Well, if you, my love, must think that-a-way, I'm sure your mind is roamin'. I'm sure your heart is not with me, But with the country to where you're goin'. So take heed, take heed of the western wind, Take heed of the stormy weather. And yes, there's something you can send back to me, Spanish boots of Spanish leather.

Comments

mickyinsular ::: Favorites  2007-12-29 16:08:30

she is gorgeous! and so is Bobs song.
__________________________________________________
ocean249 ::: Favorites  2007-12-26 07:18:10

totally beautiful...
__________________________________________________
absinthedrunk ::: Favorites  2007-12-16 00:51:05

thank for posting this! anything this great songbird sings is perfect everytime! :)!
__________________________________________________
BeckRD1 ::: Favorites  2007-12-08 21:16:13

Very, very beautiful version of this Dylan song. My favorite is still the Joan Baez version.
__________________________________________________
krustyburger66 ::: Favorites  2007-11-27 13:02:47

This one is really nice. However, my favourite version is from Bobfest (MSG - NY - 1991) with Carolyn Hester on backing vocals. I wish someone would upload that one. It's sublime.
__________________________________________________
hdelijanis ::: Favorites  2007-11-22 10:02:04

Great !
__________________________________________________
nannerbj ::: Favorites  2007-11-17 21:38:41

Personally this is my favourite version of this song. Nancy has such a honest , true and natural voice
__________________________________________________
acousticjunke ::: Favorites  2007-11-16 18:15:21

I like Nanci's version here, but the Seldom Scene has a beautiful bluegrass version with great harmonies.
__________________________________________________
seamusdid ::: Favorites  2007-11-03 12:36:42

Nanci has been one of the best kept secrets around for way too long. She's also a wonderful songwriter, has recorded more than 20 albums of her own and played & sung on hundreds of other artists records. Check out her iTunes discography.
__________________________________________________
princessofhesse ::: Favorites  2007-10-24 18:58:27

wow, i hate to admit how recently i "discovered" this amazing lady, it was through some Steve Earle stuff..she is incredible, i will have to start getting some of her work! many thanks!!
__________________________________________________
bluespower ::: Favorites  2007-10-06 20:39:00

thanx,what a beautiful song!!
__________________________________________________
intracoast ::: Favorites  2007-10-06 11:13:51

Really beautiful. Didn't get it the first time. Read the lyrics and then watched again. Really fine. Thanks for posting.
__________________________________________________

Other Video Blog Entries

Christmas test video
bear insides.
Matt Lysgaard - BASKET CASE - Green Day cover
The Used Chipmunk
The Salamli Show Episode 1
idk what this was, ahah.
niver going to give you up by jeson.
Say It's Possible*
The Randomness of Silence
scary video promo! thats right its comeing back.
KILLER INSTINCT 80 HITS !
Golden Compass Author Gives Advice to Parents
2nd Trailer
Mensaje de Superman para el niñato del metro de Valencia
harry tinker simsons remake 2
Flyspoon - Given To Fly (Pearl Jam cover)
Lecanto Marching Band At The Veterans Day Parade
Eté 2006 Coco
Juan Camilo Espinoza conociendo a Papá
Deflagration Live at Woodshock 2007


 

No comments: